12U trips- Which is best?

Free for All - try to be nice.

12U trips- Which is best?

Postby skill133 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:32 pm

So who has been to Cooperstown Dreams Park? Ripken experience? The "other" Cooperstown All star Village? Rank them please!
2014 - 14U Warriors Parent
2013 - 13U Troy Bulldogs Head Coach
2012 - 12U Troy Bulldogs Asst. Coach
2011 - 11U Troy Bulldogs Asst. Coach
2006-2010 - Troy Baseball Boosters Head Coach
skill133

Re: 12U trips- Which is best?

Postby luv4baseball » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:10 pm

Our team went to Coopserstown Dreams Park a few years ago and it was AWESOME! I stayed with the team in the barracks and had an absolute blast! The food is terrible but the baseball was great!!
Baseball Experience:
Central Michigan University Baseball
U8-U10 Fed Coach Armada Braves
U12-U16 Fed Coach Anchor Bay Angels
U17 Fed Coach Michigan Brewers
Varsity Baseball Coach Armada High School
Owner Complete Athletics Training Center
luv4baseball

Postby CoachBob » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:01 am

http://baseballtips.com/cooperstown.html

Was just looking at this myself and found this article. No clear cut winner but it's probably what tickles you the most in both scenarios for Cooperstown. Ripken looks just as awesome but my son has his heart set on going to the HOF so we just need to pick between the two.
Coaching Experience: 10 years travel, LL & Rec, now retired :)
Currently: Parent, 2015 Blue Jays 16u and Plymouth HS Booster
CoachBob

Postby skill133 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:27 pm

Thanks for the replies and link! Dreams Park is our first choice, but not sure we will get in there based on the dates we want. Find out in october?
2014 - 14U Warriors Parent
2013 - 13U Troy Bulldogs Head Coach
2012 - 12U Troy Bulldogs Asst. Coach
2011 - 11U Troy Bulldogs Asst. Coach
2006-2010 - Troy Baseball Boosters Head Coach
skill133

Postby JPALMER25 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:58 pm

Ive been to cooperstown 3 times twice as a coach and once as a parent and been there with 10 and 12U. IMO Dreams park is very cool but should be for 10 year olds. At the 12U age the fields are way to small and affects the true nature of the game. Meaning when you hit a nice shot to center field you should have your self a nice hit and arrive at first base. But instead a player finds himself thrown out at first base in a lot of instances. Most every hit is a single or home run and that was that way even at the 10U level too. Some teams come stacked to win it all and a lot of homeruns are hit on the short 200 foot fences. Ive been to Ripken twice but only to the Maryland facility, It was great too, the fields were awesome and you could do your own thing after playing ball. I have heard the Mrytle Beach Ripken experience is AWESOME so much to do outside of baseball and the fields are Phenominal. Both places run a good tourney and you get your games in rain or shine. Dreams park just doesnt have anything else to do except the Hall of Fame and once you seen it once really no need to go back. Very expensive outside the baseball. Expect $1000 or more just for lodging for the week. Last time I was there I think the Hall of Fame was $40 a person to get in. the player gets 2 tickets for free. Be prepared for lots of rain, every year I was there it rains not much fun if you shack up at a campground cabin.
I would recommend looking into the Mrytle Beach Ripken, not as many teams but good baseball and a great family vacation. I can not say the same for Dreams Park.
Jeff Palmer
JPALMER25

Return to General