Fall fill in with HS team...

Fall fill in with HS team...

Postby web4biz » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:21 pm

Hi all! What I'm looking for is an informal opportunity that fits in with my son's football schedule. I'd like my son to play some games with HS aged players to "learn the ropes" a bit and get a different perspective of the game. I believe that he needs to mature a bit as a player and experience the game from a different perspective. So that he can come back to his summer team a better leader. I think he needs to experience a different role and expectations to prepare him for new situations and be a better teammate.

Right now he's a big (6'5"), strong, but lanky kid. He pitches and catches. He prefers middle infield (when not pitching), but he's probably better suited as a corner guy. He's a consistent hitter with power.

He'll be playing at the 14U major level next season, but I'd like to see him play 16U+ for a few games this fall.

I am not worried about him seeing a lot of action (he gets plenty in the summer), I want him to be in a situation where he has to work to play. Where at bats are earned, so he must treats every at bat as a precious opportunity.

If anyone knows of an opportunity that fits the bill let me know!

Thanks,
Brandon - 248-667-8889
Brandon Phillips

Youth Baseball Experience:
2012 12U HV Patriots, Asst Coach
2011 12U HV Rebels, Asst Coach
2010 11U Lakes Area Dodgers, Asst Coach
2010 10U Lakes Area Dodgers - Blue, Asst Coach
2009 10U HV Patriots, Asst Coach
web4biz
Site Admin

Return to Players Looking To Play!