Huron Valley Patriots 2012 12U

An ad-hoc team directory - feel free to post links to your team amd league websites. Use this as a place to promote your team and inform potential parents and players what your team is all about.

Huron Valley Patriots 2012 12U

Postby BrandonPhillips » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:21 pm

http://huronvalleypatriots.com

Here's our team website (2012 12U), its a work in progress but it is coming along. The Patriots are a great organization - but I'll let the website explain that!

I wanted to share the technical details. This site is done using a custom WordPress installation, with plugins for Flickr, Google (Calendar and Maps), weather among others. I'm a real fan of WordPress for building a team website, its very easy to maintain - via the web interface or native iphone / android applications. By using a shared Google calendar - I can add events to the schedule from my phone the same way I'd add any appointment. I use Google Apps, so Google also maintains our mail lists - that way its very easy to automatically have schedule reminders sent using the Google calendar.

ETeamz and the others are great, but you are limited to the tools and interfaces that they provide. Using a dedicated blogging platform has allowed us to take advantage of many more free tools to make managing the site easier as well as providing the visitors a better experience.

Let me know what you think!
BrandonPhillips

Return to Team / Organization Websites