Michigan Nationals Elite 13u

An ad-hoc team directory - feel free to post links to your team amd league websites. Use this as a place to promote your team and inform potential parents and players what your team is all about.

Michigan Nationals Elite 13u

Postby CoachBob » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:54 am

New team thread for 2013 season....

So far the team is looking very solid as evidenced by two very convincing shutout wins in fall opener last weekend. Granted our opponent was a single A team but they took care of business just like they should. Pitching was dominant and once the hitters adjusted to the slower pitching they were fired up.

We are still looking for one player to complete the roster, I believe the plan is to carry only 11 so it's not like this last player is going to sit and watch.

As far as my son goes, he's LOVING being on this team!! He's giddy after every practice because he's having so much fun playing with a group of kids that are 100% serious about the game, not just about being on a team. His confidence at the dish is SKY HIGH!! It basically looks like he'll rotate with two other kids between SS, 2b, and a little behind the dish as the #3 backstop, plus he should pitch some also.

He went 5-6, 2b, 3b, 4 RBI in the first fall DH, plus struck out 2 in an inning on the bump.

Seriously bummed NV Cubs couldn't scrimmage Monday, was looking forward see how we stack against an established AA team.

Tim is a great coach, and I'm enjoying sitting back although I did help out last week and coached 1b for a game.

Any 13u player still looking for a team that is serious about the game and has high AA or AAA skills should contact him for a tryout.
Coaching Experience: 10 years travel, LL & Rec, now retired :)
Currently: Parent, 2015 Blue Jays 16u and Plymouth HS Booster
CoachBob

Re: Michigan Nationals Elite 13u

Postby CoachBob » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:58 pm

Nationals Elite goes to 7-0-1 in fall after another two wins today. Only tie was last week to a 14u team that we've beaten also 2x.

I continue to be impressed by this team and my son's enjoyment of being part of it. Looking forward to some tournament competition in a few weeks.

Side note: still looking for a player that can hold his own at AAA level. We have kids from all over the area, NV, Novi, Canton, Adrian, Manchester, to name a few. Our new facility opens in a couple weeks which will be for exclusive use of Nationals teams in Belleville.
CoachBob

Postby CoachBob » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:12 am

Update: after a great fall season we've hit "The Indoor" (home of the Michigan Nationals organization) in Belleville for some high intensity practices. The boys are working incredibly hard and are getting fired up for Atlanta in March.

We're looking for another player to round out the roster so if your son is looking to raise his game to the AAA level check us out or PM me on this site for more info.

http://nationalselitebaseball.shutterfly.com/
CoachBob

Postby JPALMER25 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:39 pm

Coach Bob, I have to say I was extremely impressed with what you have done with your 13U team from what I witnessed in Octoberfest. The control and poise your boys showed was a direct impact with what you and your staff have put into them. I have seen on other forums that fall ball doesnt mean anything well I have to disagree with that because a couple known top teams had their full rosters, and your team put it all out there regardless of who stepped on the field. I can not wait to watch this team in the spring and I am sure yours and my sons team will see plenty of each other throughout the summer. I am not sure yet if we are going to Atlanta in March but I will be following you..

Best of luck to you and your players all year KEEP WORKING HARD and we will see you in the spring.
Jeff Palmer
JPALMER25

Postby CoachBob » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:34 pm

JPALMER25 wrote:Coach Bob, I have to say I was extremely impressed with what you have done with your 13U team from what I witnessed in Octoberfest. The control and poise your boys showed was a direct impact with what you and your staff have put into them. I have seen on other forums that fall ball doesnt mean anything well I have to disagree with that because a couple known top teams had their full rosters, and your team put it all out there regardless of who stepped on the field. I can not wait to watch this team in the spring and I am sure yours and my sons team will see plenty of each other throughout the summer. I am not sure yet if we are going to Atlanta in March but I will be following you..

Best of luck to you and your players all year KEEP WORKING HARD and we will see you in the spring.

I cannot take any credit for the Nats in the fall, the performance given by the boys was all due to the player selection, motivation and tutelage by Tim (HC). He has an ability to get the kids to respond unlike I ever did when I was a head coach. It has carried into practices and speaking for my son I know he's ready to head to Atlanta to play right now. That and the kids selected for this team all had that something....they all wanted to get better and work hard to do it, and they didn't just say it, they show it every time we're together.

As for working hard, they definitely are!! We went hard for three hours on Saturday (were scheduled for two) and the boys (and parents, it seems) are definitely "with the program". The best part is we only had a handful of practices in the fall and I'm really interested too to see what this team grows into by March. It's not your old "stand around and wait" type practice. With our facility there is enough space to have two machines going, one live cage, and a few in the tunnel doing tees, and that is just half of practice.

Looking forward to spring more than ever and we'll definitely enjoy the competition from here and down South.
CoachBob

Postby CoachBob » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:03 pm

The Nats Elite had another great weekend in Greensboro at the Carolina SNIT. Even though our record wasn't what we had hoped we played two very tight games with two very good (#3 & #4 ranked NC Major Teams, Evoshield Canes and NC Indians).

In game #1 we battled the Indians to a tie and could have won it had the go ahead run not been called out at the plate on a bang-bang play.

Game #2 we started well holding the powerful Evoshield Canes in check for four innings, but then came apart and lost big.

Game #3 we played the Wake Rays, who we had avoided in Atlanta, but knew were another good team. After falling behind early we rallied in the 5th and 6th innings but came up just short, stranding the tying run on 2nd.

As we did in Atlanta, we had OUTSTANDING weather and tried to drag it home for the start of the Michigan tourney season next weekend (after the cancellation of this weekend, sorry to all that missed out). Had a great time on the road carpooling, a great time watching the boys build enduring friendships, and a good time with the parents too (what color jerseys are we wearing Thom??)

Congrats also to the Warriors for making it to Sunday. We were rooting for you to go farther while we were awaiting the results driving home and were sorry to see the loss. Hope you all had a great time too and we'll see you soon!!!
CoachBob

Return to Team / Organization Websites